Last Sunday every month
Cliftonville Farmers’ Market was established in 2001 by the Cliftonville Residents Association. It is run entirely by volunteers who give their time freely and it is self funded.
Our market has been voted:-‘Best Farmers’ Market in Kent’ 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2014
The market was also Finalists in 2009, 2010, 2011,2013,2016 & 2017
It won a Pride in Thanet Award 2008, highly commended in 2014 and won again in 2015 & 2016. It was also voted in the ‘Top 3′ of Kent Life & Kent on Sunday Food & Drink Awards 2014
The Farmers’ Market is located on the cliff top with wonderful sea views and surrounds the historic Oval Bandstand. If you are feeling energetic after the market there are some great cliff top walks and sandy beaches !
We are dedicated to promoting good quality food at fair prices. Our producers sell meat, speciality pies, seasonal veg & fruit, cheese, artisan bread, vegetarian slices, free range eggs, duck eggs, cakes, fudge, local honey, luxury marshmallows, preserves, wild game, juices, olives, oils, vinegars, fresh fish, shell fish, Russian food, Hungarian specialities, coffee, smoked fish, cookies, ginger wine, speciality teas, gourmet pies, meringues, savoury tarts, soups, ethically sourced coffee, plants, hanging baskets and more. Our Guest Stall sells French cheeses & charcuterie.
Kent Farmers’ Market Association represents most of the Farmers’ Markets in Kent (and some beyond).
Our objective is to:
- help market managers and stallholders improve standards through guidance and training
- promote best practice
- encourage collaboration in marketing and purchasing;
- help stallholders find outlets for their products;
- advise new markets on establishing strong foundations;
- stimulate the understanding of the benefits of local food;
- drive up footfall and spend per shopper
- promote farmers’ markets to the public.