The market runs every fourth Saturday 9.30- 1.00 (3rd Saturday in December) at the Vestry Hall, on the corner of The High Street and Stone Street, Cranbrook.
At the heart of the community the aim of the market is to support local producers, and provide a Café area for local people and visitors to stop and chat. The Café serves tea/ coffee, cake and light meals.The market has an average of 14 stalls plus guest stallholders.
Available at the market: vegetables, plants, honey, jam & marmalade, bread, vegetarian/ vegan meals, cakes, chocolate/fudge, coffee, meat, fish, wool craft, cards, natural cosmetics/ body products, art, rag rugs, silver jewellery, ceramics, candles, outdoor crafts, kindling wood, community information table.
The market offers on free stall per month to a charity or community stall
Kent Farmers’ Market Association represents most of the Farmers’ Markets in Kent (and some beyond).
Our objective is to:
- help market managers and stallholders improve standards through guidance and training
- promote best practice
- encourage collaboration in marketing and purchasing;
- help stallholders find outlets for their products;
- advise new markets on establishing strong foundations;
- stimulate the understanding of the benefits of local food;
- drive up footfall and spend per shopper
- promote farmers’ markets to the public.
We believe that farmers’ markets provide shoppers with high quality, nutritious, traceable, fresh local food and drink.
They act as business incubators, giving small food and craft enterprises a low cost opportunity to sell direct to the public.