Went To Market is dedicated to protecting your privacy when you visit or communicate with our site or personnel.
Our Data Controller is Elizabeth Smallman for purposes of the Data Protection Act of 1998.
Data and Information Collected:
To operate our website it is essential to collect or process certain data, such as the following:
- Information regarding your visits to our website, any resources you used such as traffic data, location data, weblogs, and any communication data (these items are included, but not limited to those specified).
- Forms filled out on our website allow us to collect information about you regarding registration or purchases you make.
- Any data collected from communications to us from you, for any reason.
It is possible that we may gather information regarding your computer for our services. This collection of data is used for statistical analysis about our website for use by us or our advertisers. Any information shared will not identify who you are, but rather be mathematical data about our visitors and their use on our site. The data does not give out any personal details. Cookies may be used to gather this general internet data. When used, cookies are downloaded to your computer without prompting. The cookie file is stored on your hard drive, where files are transferred. This information helps us improve our site and services to you. All computers can block cookies by activating proper browser settings.
Went To Market takes your privacy and the EU e-Privacy Directive (“Cookie Law”) and GDPR very seriously. Cookies are an integral part of all websites like Went To Market but it’s important that you are aware we use them and how it affects you as a user of our site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately.
Went To Market uses “Essential” cookies that are strictly necessary to enable you to move around the site and to provide certain basic functions such as remembering that you are logged in to your account and to allow you to place an order to advertise.
Any information collected and stored regarding you is to enable us to offer better services to you. We may also use the data collected for the following:
- We may use data you provided in order to offer you information you asked for from out site, in direct relation to our services or products. We may also send information on products we feel might interest you, as long as you have consented to such communications.
- We use Google Analytics and Jetpack to monitor how our visitors use the site so that we can constantly improve how it works. We also record statistics such as website visitor numbers which allows us to attract advertisers and keep advertising costs low or even free for most users. Google Analytics uses “Non-Essential but Benign” cookies for this purpose, but this doesn’t capture any personal details and we do not share specific information we’ve gathered with anyone at all.
- Any commitments we made to you may require use of your information, used only to fulfil your request.
- We may use your information to explain any changes our website has undergone such as structural or service/ product modifications, which could affect our service to you.
- An existing customer may require contact regarding services that were a subject of an earlier sale.
- A customer may be contacted by us if you have consented to such communication using the Opt In box on registration. We will not allow your information collected while you were on our site to be used by us if the consent is withheld.
- Please understand that we do not share information that is going to identify you to our advertisers. However, on occasion we may provide them with mathematical statistics about our site’s visitors.
Personal Data Storage:
- Went To Market only stores personal data that is essential to the running of the Went To Market site, including account holders’ name, e-mail address and certain contact information. This is purely to allow us to contact you in the event of a problem and is not processed in any way or shared with any third parties. Went To Market also stores the data required and included in our customers’ Listings and this is only used to form those Listings and not shared with third parties. It is important to note that any information you include in your Listings will be presented to the public and could be collected and processed by third parties including search engines such as Google and Bing and Went To Market can accept no responsibility for this.
- Data you provide us with will be stored on secure servers. Any transaction details will be encrypted to provide you safety.
- Transmission of data via the internet is never completely secure, thus a guarantee of data sent electronically or transmitted cannot be given. Information offered is therefore at your own risk. If given a password or chosen to obtain a password, you can access the secure section, requiring the password to remain confidential by you, as your responsibility.
Sharing Your Information:
- If we sell part or all of our business or assets we may share personal information to the purchaser.
- When legally requested, we may share your information.
- Fraud protection and to minimise credit risk may require a sharing of your information.
Third Party Links:
The Data Protection Act 1998 provides you with rights to access any information we may collect and store about you. If you wish to have access to this information it may be subject to a £10 payment fee, used to cover our costs regarding the information you requested. If you wish to access this data please provide contact details below.